Sunday, April 13, 2008

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Well, it's been a long week and it's only Tuesday! Nate still is having sleeping difficulties. Because of his language delay, history of stomach problems and sleep difficulty, his doctor recommended that try a gluten free casein free diet similar to those used to treat Autism. At this point, Nate has no diagnosis- it would be too early to say and even if he did, it would be mild. However, it has been shown the gfcf diet helps significantly for children with language delays. We're also starting mB12 shots- we saw a change in 1 day after the first shot.



The funny thing is that in many kids diagnosed with Autism, it's not a clear cut deal. In fact, many of them have some Autistic like behavior (don't we all?) that are cleared up by diet changes. The Gluten and Casein intolerance (think wheat and dairy) causes a chemical imbalance that creates these behaviors. We'll give it a try for at least 3 mos and see if it helps his speech, tummy and sleep. We REALLY want it to help the sleep as there hasn't been much here lately!





As much as I'd like to come to terms with the fact that we may have a son with learning difficulties, I am having a hard time. I am so thankful for him, as always, and I know it could be a lot worse but man, it's really hard. This is especially true when you have such little sleep..



I did go to Shannon's crop- I didn't get to stay long because of Nate not sleeping. Hopefully Nate will get sleep soon and May even will be more productive for me! I got to create a couple of cards last night and a scrapbook page today. Here goes..




Both cards use the Inkadinkado set "Bird Galore". I used my Martha border punch on the first card and a fiskars punch on the second. I finally used by CTMH distressing tool- LOVE it. Both cards use paper from the American Crafts Play collection- on sale now at the bungalow! Gorgeous paper and with the birds, has a real retro feel! I also used my boho flower punch from SU on the first card- the first card is definitely one of my favorites I've made ever.


I've been reading Ali Edwards' book Life Artist (you can order it from Shannon!) and she stresses simplicity. I tried to simplfy my layout today:




I am finally scrappin Thanksgiving pictures, lol. I used SU Apple Cider paper, and River Rock paper. I think it's a cute layout and goes against "traditional" Thanksgiving. Ali stresses to do what you want to do when you're scrapping!



Finally is a card inspired by a few Shannon had made on Saturday. It was to use black and white with a little color. I used CTMH silohuette creative basics paper and the birds galore set. I think it turned out cute :)

Well, until next week. Hopefully things will get better soon!

No comments:

Things I Love..

  • My Family
  • My Beautiful Boys!
  • My Dogs (all 5 of em!)
  • Stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Chocolate
  • Shoes and Purses!