Thursday, July 3, 2008

Me... an Artist!?!

I think that alot.. can I really be an artist?! I suppose I am. Even if I can't draw, I have an eye for color combos, sketches, and design. I'm working on this coloring thing too!


I've been participating a lot at PW again which is great! I love completing the sketches and other challenges!


I also got my new rubbah in from the new TAC catty! I am loving celebration time, butterfly bits, just dream and the new paper. FABULOSO!


My newest experiments have been with more altered arts type stamps and alcohol inks. I used both tonight in a couple of projects.



The Keytag in the top says Happy Birthday as my DH Sam turns 35 tomorrow on the 4th. He loves this ship collage so I had to use it. I created a background with alcohol inks and embossed the ship. I used distressing ink on the cs, then stamped the map (a clearance find today!) with stazon on a transparency. I flipped it over and used alcohol ink to color in the oceans and mountain ranges. The Key is chipboard from Basic Gray colored with a pewter painters marker. I am digging the paint markers- so much easier than cleaning a brush everytime, lol!

Next is a matching tile. I used alcohol ink on the background and then stamped the map using stazon. Stazon isn't as bold on the alcohol ink. Then, I stamped the ship in black archivall ink. I actually tried to emboss first but learned that it doesn't work :) I edged it with my painter's marker.

Finally is this card- it says "It's just been one of those days" which is has lol. It's my first attempt at a masterboard using old TAC GWP stamps. I then used my cuttlebug to emboss the cream panel and used Palette nude ink over it. I watercolored my girl (BTW- DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT STAMP SET THIS IS?! I got the image in a TACBAG), added the prima flower, and the chipboard element once again from basic grey.

Well, that's it for now. I am still waiting on our Prius to come in. Grr... looks to be a pretty sedate 4th of July. Since we're gluten/casein/soy/corn free there won't be any cake for Sam :(

Happy 4th all!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow Kelley - you have been busy! I love your projects - I so want more time to play. Hopefully soon. I am so glad you have time to play more with us at PW - I missed you while your were so busy!

Hope you have a great 4th and tell your hubby Happy B-day from me :)

Unknown said...

Great cards and tile. Glad you're back on PW more! And check my blog for your reward! Hugs!

Things I Love..

  • My Family
  • My Beautiful Boys!
  • My Dogs (all 5 of em!)
  • Stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Chocolate
  • Shoes and Purses!