Sunday, October 19, 2008

ATS DT Challenge- 22- A Gift for You and High Hopes Stamps

This ATS design team challenge this week was to use ribbon. I have to say, I LOVE ribbon but I am not the best bow tier. I spent awhile online looking at tutorials. My new ATS sugarplums' Olivia and Chris came in on Tuesday so I had to use at least one of them on this challenge. Here is what I came up with:



This card really looks MUCH better in person. It looks like an actual present, which is what I was going for, and Olivia pops out (on dimensionals). Text stamps from Trendy Holiday Tags by TAC. The paper is from Daisy D's and is also more vivid IRL. I thought it was a great way to use the ribbon though...


I also ordered a couple of High Hopes Stamps. They have the cutest animal images! I ordered some dragon stamps because Nate's new bigboy bedroom is done in Dragons- reading, brushing teeth, etc. Here is a sample card made with my new stamp:


The coloring turned out great if I do say so myself :) I used Kohrinor colored pencils and OMS, and niji pearlescent watercolors on his wings and belly. I used my white gel pen to highlight his spikes and nails. This guy is just too cute!

I created 3 more things today but unfortunately, I can't post em. 2 are for Wingers projects and 1 is for the TAC design call. I am going to try and make one card/object a day for the next week to send to the TAC catalogue submission call. I hope to get something published.. esp. since it means FREE STAMPS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on the ribbon challenge! love the present idea! Thanks for playing!!

Things I Love..

  • My Family
  • My Beautiful Boys!
  • My Dogs (all 5 of em!)
  • Stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Chocolate
  • Shoes and Purses!