Saturday, April 28, 2012

SCS Challenge Cards

Happy, Happy Saturday! So far, this weekend has been productive. We did grocery shopping this morning and then I finished my take home final for my last M.Ed course. I will officially be a M.Ed graduate! How awesome is that?! I spent some time cruising the Splitcoaststampers board and decided I also needed to participate in some challenges.


This first card is for SC382 and Teapot Tuesday for 4/23/12
Just Be Yourself
Stamps: Retired The Angel Company (name unknown)
Ink: Brilliance Black, Papertrey Chamomile 
Paper: Close to My Heart 
Accessories: Copics, SU Scallop Punch

The Teapot Tuesday story had to do with a tattoo parlor. I remembered this goody I received from a TAC Bag and thought she'd be perfect for a "tramp stamp". I think I might be giving this to a friend who is hitting a major milestone birthday this year...


This next card is for SC381 and this week's Inspiration Challenge: Rosenberry Rooms. The Rosenberry Rooms website is very cute. It is high end children's furniture and decor. They had several pictures which used vintage airplanes. I also recently got X a vintage airplane mobile for his room. Sorry for the picture quality.. I couldn't get good lighting!

Vintage Airplane Fun
Stamps: SU Sweets for the Sweet (sentiment), Vintage Rides by Nina b Designs (this was the TAC version; it is available now at The Craft's Meow); Cloud from MFT
Ink: Palette
Paper: Main Street and CTMH
Accessories: MS Ribbon

I was lucky enough to purchase some of the Nina b Stamps before TAC closed it's doors. This last catalog was definitely the best yet and it was unfortunate the business had to go under. I'm glad Nina b, Phyllis, and Mabelle R.O. were able to get their designs out there through other means because they have fabulous work! I am also glad I remembered to get this set out! It had been mounted but un-used. Of course, Nina just re-released it with The Craft's Meow so I've been seeing it advertised all over SCS.

For the rest of the night I'm going to work on some digital scrapbooking and just relax. My insanely stressful and busy season is starting to come to a close and I'm excited to have time relaxing! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Things I Love..

  • My Family
  • My Beautiful Boys!
  • My Dogs (all 5 of em!)
  • Stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Chocolate
  • Shoes and Purses!