Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thoughts on the Little Feet Meet

Yesterday was our annual field trip to participate in the Little Feet Meet. This event is for young students in special education with developmental delays, Autism, or intellectual disabilities. We took 12 students (4 didn't come) and had a good time. Nate was there with his class and Sam and my MIL came as well. Nate was not very cooperative and lay on the floor almost the entire time but he was good! I was overwhelmed and almost panicked when I first entered. There are so many students and so many different disabilities. It's hard because it is reality and our reality is that Nate will probably be dependent on us for life. At age 5, it still is a huge slap in the face. I love Nate with all my heart but it is very stressful some days. He depends on us for everything as does X. There are days where we barely get to sit for longer than a minute. I know, it's part of parenting but, when he has meltdowns and can't tell us what he needs, there is the hour long guessing game. There's his inability to understand what "we will do that later" truly means. It's just hard. I wouldn't change it for the world but it can be overwhelming. All I can do is pray that God gives me the strength to continue doing the best I can and maybe a little more patience than I already have :) My boys are my world and it definitely helps to have someone amazing like my DH helping each day. We make a good team and that's more than enough for me!

No comments:

Things I Love..

  • My Family
  • My Beautiful Boys!
  • My Dogs (all 5 of em!)
  • Stamping
  • Scrapbooking
  • Chocolate
  • Shoes and Purses!